Experimental data were obtained of the post-burnout heat transfer to Freon 22 flowing upward in a vertical, uniformly heated round tube at high subcritical pressures. Based on an assumed model, the actual quality was estimated from the heat transfer data. The difference between the vapor mass fraction in the thermodynamic equilibrium state and the actual quality was found to have two characteristics in relation to the thermodynamic equilibrium quality, and dimensional correlations of this difference were tentatively obtained.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics
- Nuclear Energy and Engineering
- General Materials Science
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Waste Management and Disposal
- Mechanical Engineering